Mental Health First Aid for Older Adults teaches you how to
identify, understand and respond to signs of mental
illnesses and substance use disorders.
This 8-hour training — which focuses on the unique experiences and needs of adults over the age of 65 — gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them
to the appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
• A discussion of life changes that occur in older adults.
• A discussion of the specific risk factors faced by older adults, such as chronic health conditions.
• How to discern the difference between talking about death and suicidal ideation.
• A breakdown of psychosis, dementia and delirium.
• How to communicate effectively with those who need help while using respectful language.
• How to combat the stigma around substance-related problems in the older adult population.
Want more information about Mental Health First Aid for Older Adults? Let Us know below.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT
• Nursing staf