Mental Health First Aid for Veterans, Military Members and their Families teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
Complete form below for more information about attending or hosting a class.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT
• Military members
• Families and friends of military members or veterans
WHAT IT COVERS
• A discussion of military culture and its relevance to the topic of mental health.
• A discussion of the specific risk factors faced by many service members and their families such as mental and physical trauma, stress, separation, etc.
• How to break down the stigma associated with substance use disorders and mental illnesses like anxiety, depression,
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and more.
• How to reach out to those who suffer in silence, reluctant to seek help.
• Community resource information and support.